Do It Yourself
I've put this section up to document the odd jobs that Elise owners have done themselves. If you've done any work on your car and can provide a description, preferrably with pictures, then drop me a line to include it here:
- Driving light covers
- Sticking Armourfend to your driving lights won't protect them. Here's how to do it properly.
- Headlamp replacement
- Replacing a headlamp on the Elise S1.
- Headlight warning buzzer
- Quick and cheap to do. Never have a flat battery again.
- Fitting stainless steel fixings
- The sizes and numbers of fixings required to replace all those fixings on the Elise that are prone to corrosion.
- Making a hardtop storage bag
- Lets face it, most Elise owners are strapped for cash (we'd be driving McLaren F1's if we weren't). For £30 you can make your own storage bag and save the pennies for bits to improve performance.
- Fitting the headlight covers
- No longer supplied as standard, the headlight covers from the Lotus 'Original Performance Products' catalogue can be fitted to the standard car.
- Fitting a radio into the Elise
- Forgot to order the radio fitting kit option but now want some in-car entertainment or just want to install the head unit yourself.
- Fitting a new exhaust
- Want to upgrade to a sports exhaust or stainless steel one? Here's how to do it.
- Fitting braided steel brake hoses
- Rob Earle's on-line guide.